About this policy
Collection of personal information
MCMB will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of MCMB’s business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.
The kinds of personal information MCMB may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with MCMB. However, it may include:
- information such as your name, postal address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address, age, IP address and credit or debit account details;
- personal information you provide to MCMB when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or subscribe to MCMB mailing list,
- personal information obtained through use of MCMB’s Website, or interacting with or by following MCMB’s social media pages like Facebook and Instagram;
- personal information you provide to MCMB via telephone or email, information may include your name and contact details, program preferences and previous information, IP address and financial information including credit card details and payment details;
- your records of communication with MCMB when you submit an enquiry or make a complaint;
If you interact with us through our Website MCMB may also collect personal information about you including:
- information about the device you are using;
- other information including your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited.
In some circumstances, MCMB may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting and marketing agencies. MCMB will ensure that to act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
MCMB will not collect sensitive information about you (such as information about your racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless the collection is required by law.
The purpose of collecting your personal information
MCMB will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- carrying out general business operations;
- providing you with goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your enquires or complaints;
- meeting legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you; and
- marketing (such as providing you with information about MCMB programs and promotional notices and offers).
How your personal information is held
Where MCMB store your personal information depends on the interaction you have had with MCMB. However, some areas may include:
- databases for processing customer enquiries or feedback;
- or email or SMS databases for marketing communications.
MCMB take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although MCMB strive to protect such information, MCMB do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to MCMB or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
MCMB only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. MCMB will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if there is no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
How your personal information will be used
MCMB use your personal information for their business functions and activities, and to provide services to you, which may include:
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about MCMB’s services;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in program, survey, market research activity;
- providing marketing and advertising materials for current and future programs, invitations to events
- analysing MCMB’s services so as to improve and develop new services;
- assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our program in future;
- facilitating MCMB’s internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
- maintaining and improving the operation or navigation of MCMB’s Website;
MCMB may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, MCMB for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
MCMB may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to related companies, Trusted Advisor Network, consultants, contractors, and agents for the purposes set out in the section above entitled “How your personal information will be used” or for other purposes related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected and which you would reasonably expect MCMB to do so. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to MCMB consultants or contractors to enable that consultant or contractor to respond to your request for information about a particular service it produces;
- to third parties to help MCMB analyse our business practices and improve MCMB’s services, and obtain feedback;
- to third party service providers that MCMB use to help MCMB conduct our business (including but not limited to technology service providers, archival service providers and marketing and communications agencies and service providers);
- to MCMB’s professional advisors and insurers in the course of obtaining professional advice;
- in the event there is a change of ownership of any MCMB’s business, to the new owners of the business (but only on the basis that the personal information is kept within the business);
- where the law requires or authorises MCMB to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you; and
- with your consent to others.
If MCMB engage third party contractors to perform services for MCMB which involves handling personal information, MCMB will require the contractors to comply with Privacy Laws.
MCMB may use your personal information to:
- promote and market current and future services to you; and
- inform you of upcoming events and special promotions.
MCMB will only offer you services where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
Social media and third party content, advertising and functionality
You are able to interact with MCMB though social media sites including Facebook and LinkedIn.
By engaging with any of these sites, you are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of those sites. The content you post to these social media sites will be viewable by the general public and may be re-posted. MCMB is not responsible for any content that has been reposted. MCMB may at any time remove content you post on our social media sites which MCMB determine is inappropriate or offensive, but MCMB are not obliged to monitor your use.
Cookies and passive information collection
MCMB also collect and use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with their Website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Third party websites
MCMB may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. MCMB is not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request access to and correction of any personal information MCMB hold about you by contacting MCMB.
MCMB take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating MCMB’s records whenever changes to the data come to MCMB’s attention.
Privacy Queries and Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about how MCMB handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or wish to access MCMB’s correct personal information MCMB hold about you, please contact us:
Website: www.mcmb.com.au (Please complete the form located on the “Contact Us” webpage)